Wednesday, November 12, 2008

EXTRAGANZA OF EMBELLISMENTS & THINGS

Tuesday was an early start. I went to an all day workshop for Paper Crafts. This was an outstanding class. It started at 8:00 and ended at 5:00. There were seven stations with 3 people to a station. But my friend Sharon and I were a pair so we only had two to each of our tables, good thing I don't think I could have kept up with more at our table. The first station was working with Tombow Markers, Chalks and blenders. We worked with Pearlescent watercolors, Prisma Color Pencils with Gamsol blender that gave such a beautiful finish. The next station was Sparkle N Sprinkle which was working with LOTS of glitter. We were shown some great techniques, but it is definitely an out side project if you ask me. WHAT A MESS. But beautiful results. We next moved to the Spirelli Design table where we worked with silky metallic thread on different sized shapes. Which turned out something else. This really gives you a one of a kind design for Paper Crafts. We also learned new ways for Iris Folding. Now I can do my own designs instead of using a pattern. Next was embossing tips with brass stencils and basic stamping. I learned different ways to use stamps and stamping pads with multiple colors. Also how to make my own boxes with designs. The next station was using the Cuttlebug. If you've never used a Cuttlebug you must learn. It really makes an impression (hahaha) and puts a professional touch to your card making. The next station was on Tea Bag Folding. This was something else to learn, almost like origami. Or maybe it is Origami I don't know but it sure was fun. Very tedious when your folding the smaller pieces of paper. This gives the 3 D look to your paper crafts. What an interesting art. The final station was Embossing with gold embossing powder or other colored powder. The gold with black paper really gave a beautiful look. The day was full and I know the instructor's must have been exhausted. I had a great time and the day went by so very fast. I can't wait to start using all the new techniques I learned at the workshop.

No comments: